Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15th


Audience I feel as though I owe you an explanation for yesterday's post or sentence at that. You all know that I have an older brother named Peter whom I'm very close to. Last night was a short Maple session mostly gathering new monster companions (I nabbed a flaming pig and dubbed it Pork Buns) and grinding (farming) with enemy CDs.

During this repetitive gaming style (simply for levels) Pete and I began goofing off more than normal. When that happens, well silly (funny) notions occur. I mentioned that I was tapped out of blog ideas because nothing had happened out of the ordinary that day. I wasn't up to edit a video and not in the right mood frame for a poem which was troublesome since those are my two fallbacks. Pete had a simple answer for me, "give them a stupid sentence like 'I went to the bathroom' or something."

At first I hesitated since that would be highly irregular for me to do something so short and nonsensical on my blog. That is what intrigued me; plus I was laughing about it the whole time. So for my brother and myself I decided to stick with the one sentence entry so long as he commented on it. Hey I wasn't going through with it for free, you know me better audience. Right, let's go to what happened today or more so this morning.

Tattoo tale of MareBear.

Well now I just about jumped out of bed this morning I was so excited. The only mornings I enjoy are the ones when something wonderful is about to happen. For me tattoos are such moments. I groomed and dressed myself rapidly under the pure energy of childlike enthusiasm for a new permanent design. Kate met me outside her room and we took off, first to the bank. We had plenty of time before my appointment and it was just as well. The weather was mild and fair, a good start to this joyous day. We arrived at the tattoo parlor with minutes to spare and sat outside for a little while enjoying the moment of spring.

When it was time for the actual appointment we were met with a surprise, the artist wasn't there yet. Apparently he lives far away or something anyways he bumped me down by about an hour which I took with a smiling shrug. I was kinda hungry and perfectly fine waiting for the tattoo if it meant I could have a few bites first.

After a burger run Kate and I returned to the parlor and were greeted by the artist. He apologized for being late but I told him not worry. We then, all three of us, began discussing the location, size, and font of my tattoo. The font was a tough choice but I landed on a flowing cursive style a bit more rustic than my written work. The place was to be more on my ribs than my back which I smiled at. Somehow ribs are a bit more daring to me and this design would wrap onto my back stopping before it hit my previous design (the webbed spade). The artist then drew his copy of the design and showed me to the back room, with Kate of course.

I was a bit fidgety with my shirt and unsure of how he (the artist) wanted me to stand in order to put the temporary outline on but with Kate's help (especially her hands) everything moved along. I was perched upon a chair like a monkey which was suitable since Gorillaz was playing in the background. Nothing like Gorillaz to relax the mind and body. The actual inking went just as it did for my first one, with me so relaxed that I could have fallen asleep. The pain was no worse than a mild scratch with a soothing vibration like a massage. Ok I'm weird but needless to say Kate's hand was not crushed. In fact due to the position I was in she had to warm my hands since I began to lose blood circulation. Again I'm weird.

The tattoo was finished in about half hour which was far shorter than my first, understandably. I was cleaned and sealed up with only the payment left to go. The total was 80 euros but since I had a down payment of 30 I only needed to give him a fifty. Fine by me. The artist took a picture of Kate's tattoo for his records and sent us on our way. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and telling everyone I could that I just had my second ink. I am such an adult child. Below are some pictures (both preliminary and post) for you enjoyment audience. Beware, with flash I am extraordinarily pale.


"When in Rome do as the Romans do. When in France get a French tattoo." -Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment